Why won't Firefox open google.com?
When I try to search using my google space in the toolbar (where i manage my search engines) it will direct me to a 404 Not Found message. Also, if I try to type www.google.com in directly it also comes up with a 404 Not Found message.
I am Canadian and have been living in South Korea for a year now.I don't think this should make a difference because I have never had this problem before. I also tried to open google.ca and google.com in Explorer and it doesn't want to work there either.
Here's where it gets even stranger... if I try to open google.co.kr it will go to that google homepage. And google.si will also work. Obviously this is not helpful for me, because the results are in languages that I don't understand.
Can it just be a setting on my computer that I need to change?
Any information would be appreciated. I hope that someone else has had this problem before and you will have some insight on how to fix it.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration. - Melda (faithful Firefox user)
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Ganymede Technologies
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- eMusic DLM 4.1.3
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
are you perhaps in that part of Asia where the government is interfering to crack down on these hackers? I'm in the U.S. and have not experienced this problem.
fortunately, it is not blocked. i can open google.com and google.ca without any problem using explorer at work and on safari via my iPod touch. the only problem seems to be when i'm trying to view the site(s) on this computer - via firefox or explorer.
any other ideas? could it somehow be a setting that needs to be changed?
sorry, but i am not very computer savvy. :S