Why do I receive on a daily basis the urgent download foxfire protection message? Am I doing something wrong?
When I open Monzilla Foxfire to get to the google window, I am greeted with an 'urgent update message' to update my foxfire for my protection. This occurs on an almost daily basis and to assure that my use is protected I download the free protection that you offer two, three, four times a week, sometimes daily. How often am I suppose to download? And am I doing something wrong?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009073022 Firefox/3.0.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
If there are problems with updating then best is to download the full version and uninstall the currently installed version.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 5.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
Modified by cor-el