Anchor links do not work
Ever since starting with the FF4 beta (and now into the stable build), any time I click on a link that goes to a different part of the page (an anchor link), absolutely nothing happens.
From what I can tell, it looks like FF4 and up does not support anchor links? This seems to happen everywhere I try. Just inconvenient...especially with Table of Contents in emails.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
FF4 beta was released
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Bing Bar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Any link that is supposed to put you down somewhere else on the page.
I have no problem coding links with a fragment-id do these fail for you?
- Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 look like 3.6) (#fx4interface)
- The id is case-sensitive in Firefox
If the problem is solved, please indicate what the problem was.
- If the problem is not solved, please provide example url and where to click, and what version of IE that you are using.
You know, I was doing some more troubleshooting on my end, and it looks like I did speak too soon on ALL anchors not working. Regular ones work fine. The ones I'm working in are actually within a web program using alot of Java.
Now, it didn't always give this issue. All versions of Firefox before 4 let these anchor links work in the page...FF4 seems to keep it from happening.
Because it's working in an a website that requires login information, I'll go ahead and abandon this thread. I'll try to solve it on my own time. But thank you for the help!
I have the same problem in FF10 and FF13 when the anchor and url reference are both in the same frame. When I open the frame in a new tab, the anchor link works.