I am getting coupon popups on ceertian sites like ebay and walmart.
whenever I start a page of a place I can purchase stuff, I get this annoying popup that offers me a coupon to the particular site, like ebay, or walmart. It doesn't do it yet on Explorer, but I don't use it.
Is there a way to fix this?
Additional System Details
- Ask Toolbar Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_15 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
I had been having a similar problem.. I'd get a green square box popup about every 4th time I went to expedia.com I finally just removed a bunch of plugins and extensions from firefox and the issue seems to have gone away.
I probably should have removed the plugins/extensions one at a time to see which caused the problem.. but my suspicion was that a jzip extension may have been the culprit.
Uninstall Panda Security Toolbar from Add/Remove Programs.
You have to kill it in two places. FF must be generating revenue from this.
1) Click on the Plug Ins tab.
Disable both "Coupon Inc" addons. For some reason I had two.
2) Click on the Extensions tab
Disable the "Start Now toolbar"
What a pain.
I have found the culprit! It is something that calls itself by the innocuous name of "Browser Companion Helper" . You will find it in tools/add-ons/Extensions. You can either disable it or empty it into the little trash bin by the side of it. And you will not see the annoying coupon tab stuck to your browser again. By the way, this annoying plug could be found in any browser, so look for it wherever you may find it, and get rid of the blasted thing! Good luck, and happy browsing!