Updated to Mac 6.6.7 Firefox now crashes on most websites or when I click on things in the website. Help??
Using Firefox 3.6.17 and just upgraded to Mac 10.6.7 from 10.6.6. Was having no problems with Firefox until now. When I load most websites of when in a website and click on something Firefox crashes. Help please!!
Additional System Details
- Displays PDF documents in the browser.
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 18.104.22.168
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
Moved affected sites to Safari and have no problems.
You may want to reinstall Firefox over itself in case something became corrupted in the system upgrade.
First, make a backup of your computer for safekeeping. To back up Firefox, see Backing up your information.
Next, download and save Firefox 3.6 to your desktop for future installation. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older
Try installing "over" your existing installation and see whether that helps. If it doesn't there could be a problem in your settings.
If you have submitted Breakpad crash reports then post the IDs of one or more Breakpad crash reports (bp-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website.
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Breakpad (Mozilla Crash Reporter)
- [[Mozilla Crash Reporter|Mozilla Crash Reporter:Breakpad]]