Since installing Nuance PDF Converter Professional, PDFs are opened by Nuance instead of Acrobat, which is also installed. I want Acrobat to be the default.
I have been a longtime user of Firefox and Adobe Acrobat (NOT the reader). A few months ago I installed Nuance PDF Converter, and stipulated that Acrobat should be the default when opening PDFs. However, when the PDF is opened under Firefox, Nuance is used. I have disabled and uninstalled the Nuance add-in for Firefox, yet it won't go away. It is still used to open PDFs under Firefox. Is there a way to change this?
Additional System Details
This started when...
Several months ago.
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) SearchToolbar/1.2