When launching Firefox, it often says it's already running when it isn't and only rebooting once or twice seems to solve the problem .
It seems to happen when I visit certain websites like McDonalds, Holiday Inn Express, New York State Thruway Authority to use wifi
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
I received a recent Firefox update
- LabVIEW 8.0 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15
i got this message after closing and restarting my browser after it froze up. the only way i found to fix is to reboot the computer.
Thanx! It's nice to know I'm not alone, though I'm sorry you experienced it too. I had wondered if it might be caused by memory limitation and if I had too much running on my computer, but IE worked just fine.
See if this helps you.
Thanx, the-edmeister. I appreciate that suggestion. Helps me understand what might be going on.