How to make Firefox save bookmarks automatically to "bookmarks menu" instead of "unsorted bookmarks" ?
When I click on the star to bookmark a webpage, it goes to "Unsorted Bookmarks" so I have to move it manually to "Boomarks Menu", which is annoying. Is there a way to set a default folder?
No there isn't, but you can double-click the star to get the dialog where you can select a folder for the new bookmark.Read this answer in context 16
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_15 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b12
No there isn't, but you can double-click the star to get the dialog where you can select a folder for the new bookmark.
- If you use "Bookmarks > Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl + D) then the bookmarks go to the Bookmarks Menu folder by default.
- If you click the star on the location bar then the bookmarks go to the Unsorted folder.
PLEASE GIVE US AN OPTION TO MAKE BOOKMARKS SAVE TO "BOOKMARKS MENU" WHEN CLICKING THE STAR ONCE.
YES!!! Absolutely give us the option to automatically save to the BOOKMARK MENU when you double click the star in the address bar!!
I cannot believe this is not possible. Firefox makes it so easy to save a bookmark by double clicking on the star in the address bar.... BUT...... it's half-assed. My Lord.
I also suggest Firefox change the default action of the yellow star to save bookmarks to the BOOKMARK MENU with a single click.
I do not understand the reason to send bookmarks to the UNSORTED BOOKMARKS section, where they will not be immediately visible when seeking them through the grey star.
hello, this is a support forum - we are mostly users and volunteers helping other users, so developers lilkely won't find your suggestions here. if you want to give feedback, please use this form: http://input.mozilla.org/feedback