My laptop touchpad scroll is not working with firefox 4. It is wroking with other programs. When I attach a mouse then scroll works with mouse wheel. It is only not working with touchpad. It is/was working with firefox 3.6.x
I am using windows xp service pack 3 with Lenovo T60p.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Since I installed firefox 4
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.110
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b12
I tried firefox settings, three special settings, removing and updating my touchpad driver, and everything and nothing was working until...
I went to the site that makes my touchpad (Synaptics) and downloaded their latest driver. Removed my current, the restarted, installed the new driver, and NOW IT WORKS FINALLY, my scroll works on all my windows programs.
I'm having the same problem, as well. Both my mouse and touchpad stop working with Firefox at regular intervals. They both work with everything else. A search shows that there are no newer drivers than what I have. What to do now?
I noticed the content of my gadgets moving in stead of the content of firefox. So i deleted all the gadgets and now the scrolling works in Firefox.
Mine is a Lenovo ThinkPad X61, and I haven't been able to scroll since Firefox 3. I tried Firefox 4, 5, 6, and 7 but always had the same problem with each version, so I continued to use Firefox 3. After reading this thread today, I decided to search for the Lenovo drivers and found them here: [http://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/con.../MIGR-68232.html#mouse] Everything works perfectly now. Thank you!
Thanks Iuliand ! Awesome observation, it helped me immensely, using FFX version 8 , and has the same problem that my Synaptics touchpad would not work. I had installed Nitro PDF and Adobe reader 1o, disabled both and it works for now. If I find any strange behavior will definitely post here. Thanks for now.
By the way forgot to tell the system config, Dell Vostro 1500, Vista Basic Home, Syaptics driver Ver. 15 , running FFX 8 , Adobe professional, Nitro PDF .
By disabling the addon PDFs i got my working..
Try [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh] "UseScrollCursor"=dword:00000000
Try installing WizMouse. It allowed me to overcome the mouse wheel problems that Mozilla either can't fix or doesn't choose to fix:
I've had scroll wheel problems ever since Firefox 4, and each later release seemed to make things worse rather than better.