Instead of my AOL homepage, I get "Ask Jeeves" everytime I log-on to firefox, please help
I'm not sure how it got onto to my system, but I've had a pop-up called "ask Jeeves" everytime I've logged onto Firefox 4 Beta. I want my "AOL" homepage. I keep trying to put it in the "house box and that seems to work, but I don't want to have to open firefox and be recieved by a load of advertising, it's certainly not a Google search engine and is full of adverts. I have "adblock plus, and for the most part it seems to solve all the issues about unwanted pop-ups. Has anyone any ideas? I'd much appreciate it, thanks to you all.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about a week ago
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Bing Bar
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b11) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b11
Please check whether your home page is set correctly: How to set the home page.
Thanks Gryllida, I'm still learning my away around computers to some extent, but thanks again mate. P.S. This "ask Jeeves web browser" was an absolute nightmare to get out of my system.