When I open any emails (Hotmail) they refresh a couple times per second over and over again.
I'm unable to really use or read any of my emails in hotmail because when they are opened they reload quickly over and over again. As far as I can tell it only happens in Hotmail, not Gmail.
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b9
Looks like this is a common problem as, so far, 82 people have had this problem this week and it's only Monday! My reload/refresh button started flashing too at the end of last week - driving me nuts! I've opened my emails in Apple Safari and it doesn't keep reloading there so it must be something to do with Firefox. Hope they can sort it soon.
this happens to me too and look like a problem or bug on firefox beta, the best is wait for a fix on next version, i just cancel the loading a couple times and the problem stop.
bug 627729 was filed about this issue.
This is a problem with scripts that do browser detection via the user agent. The script has problems with the new user agent format that Firefox 4 is using.
See also /questions/778953
The problem is not with Firefox's UA astring. The problem is with the new HTML5 parser.
You can try to disable the HTML5 parser if you need to visit Hotmail by setting the pref html5.enable to false on the about:config page.
I've done what the above user said about disabling HTML5 parser but this has annoyed me now as surely it means I cannot access/use HTML5 in future no? I want to be able to access sites that work and use HTML5 but need to be able to access my email on hotmail too.
Can this be fixed asap please?!
See Bug 627729 - Hotmail web page continually reloads every second
(please do not comment in bug reports; you can vote instead)