when I download 3.6 to my mac and try and drag the icon onto the application folder to replace the 2.0.20 version it tells me I can't do this as I do not have permission to access some items. How do I get rid of the version 2 and update to 3.6?
I am connected to an small office network but we do not have a system adminsitrator or any form of control on applications
Additional System Details
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/18.104.22.168
If you have Mac OS X 10.4 or newer then do this:
- Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re)install.
- Install the new version that you have downloaded.
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.