Clipboard cut, copy and paste operativity is not working.
I cannot copy website addresses from Firefox tabs and paste them in other windows or tabs. Erasing AppInit_DLLs only solves the problem temporarily, then it reappears. There is no malware (pushow or new.net) in the system.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
ever since I installed Firefox 4.0b8
- D'Fusion @Home Web Plug-In (2.30.11563.0)
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1242
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1990
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.15, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.15, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b8) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b8
I have noticed that my clipboard goes AWOL every time i use a facebook game
For me it seems that no copy/paste functionality works at all. The copy and paste menu items are clickable but paste does nothing. If I copy in FF 4.08 the paste menu items are disabled in every other windows application.
That is exactly what seems to be happening. Patch, anyone?
I get a Firefox warning box (twice) stating:
GetLastError Not enough storage is available to process this command
My clipboard dies everyday, it's driving me crazy, lol. Same system details as OP
Related bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=334500 Bug 334500 - copy/paste broken with Registry entry AppInit_DLLs at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Modified by AliceWyman
Thanks Alice.... I spent 4 hours last week checking malware, finding nothing.... but still FF gives me "let's get back to IE" nightmares. I spend more time trying to get FF to work properly (without much success) than I spend on browsing... whatever is bugging us? There's always some problem everytime I upgrade FF...
Modified by hommedespoir