Ctrl+E no longer puts my cursor into the search box.
Was this short cut changed to another set of keys? How do you put your cursor into the search box without having to drag your mouse all the way up into that corner?
The Ctrl + E shortcut is now used to open the Panorama window (View > Tab Groups).
You can use Ctrl + K to go to the Google search bar and Ctrl + L to go to the location bar.Read this answer in context 34
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I updated to Beta 7.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller 188.8.131.52
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
please restore the old behaviour + consisten with other browsers and apps + no need to relearn + while browsing (right) hand is on the mouse most of the time - left hand to press ctrl+e
You can look at these extensions:
- Change Search Shortcut: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/change-search-shortcut/
- Change Panorama Shortcut: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/change-panorama-shortcut/
Another unhappy user. I don't understand how the developers can make changes to core functionality without thinking about the consequences. Yes, I know I can fix this quite easily but I shouldn't have to. Now I have to fix it on all the computers I use.
Restore the functionality to how it used to be.
@briantw: Hey you know what? ** **** ********.
<text removed due to breach of forum rules - edited by moderator>
Modified by cor-el
I totally agree with sivann! Ctrl + K isn't useful at all cause it requires 2 hands... I understand Ctrl + E now commands Panorama window... I don't even know what it is and doubt I need it...
Pls restore that otherwise I'll move to Google Chrome...
Changing this key when people are used to it, and even use it in other browsers, was a bone-headed move. Smarten up, fix it, and don't do anything stupid like this again! Bad team! Bad!!
Changing the functionality of such a long-standing hotkey is ridiculous. Ctrl+E is also the standard hotkey to enter the search box in Internet Explorer, and in Windows Explorer from Vista onwards.
Hi to every on.
other friends said necessary thing.
Every one here agree with " Ctrl + E". me too
but mozilla team not fix it. even in version 6 ... " Ctrl + E" not search box
i'm sorry for mozilla. for doing this childish behavior they not respect to users - not hear logical reason ..
if a security reason behind changing " Ctrl + E" we are not sad.
but now !!!
i'.m prefer to use Firefox 3.6 ( having a lot of compatible add on )
or another browser like opera or chrome.
Modified by Kalosus