The status bar is missing
The Status bar has suddenly disappeared from the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I've checked 'view > status bar' and tried reinstalling Firefox again and rebooted to no avail.
This has happened since a virus was caught by NOD32 anti-virus software if that's relevant.
Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101026 AskTbGLSV5/22.214.171.12419 Firefox/3.6.12
It is possible that the screen is too high and that the status bar and scroll bar fall off at the bottom.
Open the system menu via Alt+Space and see if you can resize that window.
If that works then close Firefox to save that setting.
My staus bar disappeared after I installed a plugin called QuickToolbars. I uninstalled it, restarted FF. I rebooted my PC. I upgraded FF to the latest bugfix version. I turned off all other extensions.
Nothing has brought back the status bar.
I suppose there's a switch somewhere that needs re-activating. But where?
Modified by dglp
Does View > [X] Status Bar have a check mark ?
I believe what you are looking for is called the Add On Bar
go to view > Toolbar > Add-on bar (ensure this is checked)
You should get your bottom bar back.
Open "Options" and click the toolbar "Add-on Bar" It'll show up.
I just had that problem(status bar missing); I just made the window smaller and then moved the window to the middle of the screen, and it had reappeared from behind or under the IE status bar; I then restored the window to full size.