ajax.googleapis.com is freezing my firefox!!!!
For the last week or so a site that I visit many times a day is now loading for many minutes this: ajax.googleapis.com. How do I fix this problem. If I click on the site during the loading then FF freezes and I have to re-boot.
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Hi, I have ff 3.6.12 and was having same issue.I added ajax.googleapis.com to my adblock filters and now pages load instantly. Don't know if this will help you but it did me, good luck.
Caution: Some web sites may not work..!! with this block..
ask yourself if your privacy is more important...?? Than the file or information contained in this insidious web site...? any web site that uses this abusive, invasive and very persistent google cookie does not care about your browsing privacy......
Find::: Windows: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Open host file w/notepad..
Mine is ...Local Host: .. 127.0.0.1 localhost
Make a Back-up Copy First and save with .old ext
Add these two lines...
- [Misc A - Z]
Note::: you can insert ( Web Site) in the same Alphabetical order to maintain continuity of Local host web sites file (Host)..
Google has become Micro$oft [Mini-Me]..
To prevent other Google abuses...
Newer Version of Firefox..
user might want to try
GoogleEnhancer / 1.90 GoogleSharing / 0.22.1
Modified by muggle2
muggle2 you are wrong, ajax.googleapis.com is a CDN repository for the popular jquery javescript functionality plus others that modern websites utilise.
If you block this then you will stop the website functioning as it was designed to work.
Modified by renners