Problem using FlickR
When using the 'Action' drop down tab on FlickR to view a larger size of a photo, I now just get two spooling dots instead of the list of actions. This did not happen before I installed the 3.6 latest upgrade this morning. I am running WIN XP on Comcast.
Did you try the suggestions in the other thread?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 071101000055
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Have seen similar posts on the FlickR site itself , example: I'm posting this, because the current title of another forum thread: "[acknowledge issue-fixed]Share this button" gives me the feeling that the Flickr staff may incorrectly assume that issues regarding the "Share this" and the "Action" functions in Flickr have been resolved and as a result of this assumption may no longer be reading new comments in the aforementioned forum thread that can be found at:
Since yesterday, I have been experiencing problems with Flickr. When I click onto Actions or Share in my Photostream, the blue and pink Flickr balls appear and then get stuck in rotation mode. I experienced these problems in Firefox 3.6.11 and in Firefox 3.6.12. Clearing the cache, restarting Flickr and disabling add-ons hasn't solved anything.
In several threads (including the one that can be accessed by clicking the above link) other Flickr users (mostly, but NOT exclusively, Firefox users) have made it clear that they too are still experiencing problems with the Actions and Share this functions, so it appears that the issue isn't fixed (for everyone) yet. Posted at 7:56AM, 30 October 2010 PDT
Did you try the suggestions in the other thread?
Yes, finally fixed it by going to congfig: about.dom ,etc. and setting the one line to true per the thread. Was this a Mozilla issue?
If you didn't disable that setting yourself then an extension or some security software may have changed it.