Auto complete does not work when entering a URL
firefox 3.10.6 on Fedora Linux fc13 x86_64. Show all history shows the history of visited web sites. "Remember History" is on. The auto complete was working. I did try unchecking view the bookmark toolbar, but not sure if that caused the loss of auto complete.
Additional System Details
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 d161
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100920 Fedora/3.6.10-1.fc13 Firefox/3.6.10
I get an error of too many characters if I try to paste the troubleshooting information.
Make sure that the Location Bar is not set to "Nothing":
Edit > Preferences > Privacy > Location Bar: When using the location bar, suggest: History,Bookmarks,History and Bookmarks
cor-el: Thanks for the post. Your suggestion worked fine, so the problem is solved.
I tried that and it doesn't work. I have Mac OX v 10.6.4 . Anyone have a clue? It's very frustrating. thanks.
This can be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
I had this problem very recently with a firefox update. For those of you who might have the same issue, cor-el's solution works but with a slight modification. On my version of firefox (13.0.1), the steps are as follows:
1) Press 'alt,' go to 'Tools' on the upper bar.
2) Select 'Options' on the drop-down menu
3) Select 'Privacy'
4) Near the bottom, under the section 'Location bar,' select 'History and Bookmarks.'