Firefox 3.6.1 is reading at Firefox 2.0
I recently updated my browser from Firefox 2.0 to the latest version, Firefox 3.6.1. I had neglected to update for awhile, and since not everything was running correctly, I went ahead and installed the new browser.
However, my computer still thinks I'm running 2.0.
I've cleared my cache, deleted all my cookies, and removed from my computer anything that had anything to do with Firefox 2.0.
As a result, I'm unable to access a few websites because my browser, supposedly, isn't updated.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Picasa plugin.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.0
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- NPVeohVersion plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/126.96.36.199 FBSMTWB
You have a user agent that identifies you as Firefox 188.8.131.52
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/220.127.116.11 FBSMTWB
See Find what version of Firefox you are using and Web sites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser
See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_your_useragent_string_to_its_compiled-in_default
Check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page.
You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website.
If any general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then right-click that pref and choose Reset.