Pop-up windows not blocked by Firefox
I have the option to block popups selected under Tools-Options-content but I am still seeing very frequent pop-up windows. This didn't use to happen, I'm wondering if something has changed. I am running version 3.6.9 on Windows XP.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
I upgraded to the 3.6 version (I think)
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9
Some sites more than others seem to generate a lot of pop-up windows. BigTent.com is one of them.
See Pop-up blocker settings, exceptions and troubleshooting for possible causes.
Frequent pop-ups can be caused by malware. Try running several malware scanners. It is best to run several as each will pick up things that the others miss. Some scanners you can try are:
System Details Windows XP Firefox 3.6.9 .. have pop up blocker turned on and have ran malware bytes. These pop ups are coming from Firefox and don't like it! This is spam! I Have got 3 in last couple hours. How do I get a hold of Mozilla Support? I took snapshots of these and would like to email Mozilla support but can't get an email address. Where do I get their support email address?
Let me know if you ever get a reply. Certain sites seems to thrive on throwing up new windows, not new tabs, when you click any place in the main window.