How do I disable Sync Completely?
I would like to try the Firefox 4 beta, but I don't want to use the sync feature and it's preventing me from using the browser. How do I turn off syncing completely?
Additional System Details
- The default plugin handles plugin data for mimetypes and extensions that are not specified and facilitates downloading of new plugins.
- Xine Plugin version 1.0.2, (c) The Xine Project.Windows Media Player / RealPlayer / QuickTime compatible.
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- The Totem 2.28.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Version 1.0.2 Goldeneye, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
Just don't set it up. There is no on/off switch now and from what I have read I don't think they're planning on having one, either in the UI or hidden in about:config .
There is pref named services.sync.autoconnect in about:config that is set to true by default that you can toggle to false so the sync service won't automatically try to connect to the server, but sync shouldn't be trying to connect anyways until the user sets it up.
You can disable sync. Just go to Options - Sync and click "deactivate this device" at bottom.
Good point you make, but that option doesn't even appear unless Firefox Sync has already been setup by the user in that Firefox Profile.
My sync got activated some how , but not by me, this info helped me turn it off, thanks !