firefox does not pop up to remember password info from some sites
Recently with a few sites that I have logged into firefox does not pop up to ask to remember password info. Are there certain sites out there where firefox doesn't prompt to remember? One recent site is the Wheel of Fortune site... sonyrewards.com
Not sure how often
== within the last 2 months
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Zylom Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
nothing i have found helps to clear this up
Some sites, including many banks and a few other sites such as Yahoo Mail and Microsoft Passport, tell browsers not to remember passwords for visitors by using autocomplete="off". This bookmarklet makes the browser ignore autocomplete="off" temporarily, allowing you to save passwords even on sites that use autocomplete="off".
Remember Password bookmarklet: https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password
See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/User_name_and_password_not_remembered (bookmarklet)
I still don't understand what to do to get the site to remember my information. Do I paste the site into the browser before i hit submit? I guess I don't understand what exactly a "bookmarklet" is. Some of us need explanations in english... LOL. Not puter talk
You need to use the "Remember Password" bookmarklet before or after filling the name and password field on the website with the login form, but before submitting the login form.
If the site is using autocomplete="off" then you see a number not equal to 0 (i.e. attributes were removed) in the pop-up alert from the bookmarklet and Firefox should offer to remember the name and password via a sliding info bar at the top.
Ok. I figured it out... LOL A lil slow but I got it...thanks :)