new tab default page
Is there a way to set up a google search page to come up when I select "open a new tab". I see options to set it to blank, but not say to the google website. When I open Firefox, it brings up the google site, just not when I hit open new tab. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
There is currently no option to do this in Firefox 3.6, but I do know it has been suggested as an option in a future version.
However, you can install one of the several extensions that provide this service. These can be found at https://addons.mozilla.org
I use one called New Tab Homepage
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/777/ or http://www.cusser.net/extensions/tabhomepage/
- Firefox 3.0b2 - 3.6.*
- Loads your homepage when you open a new tab.
Very small and simple, just opens your start page when opening a new tab.
There are alternatives if you want it to do something else, just search on AMO. :)
Hope this is helpful!
AlleyKat, Thanks for the response. I will look into the add-ons. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed anything in the Firefox configurations.