bookmarklets in Firefox Android
I am trying out bookmarklet functionality on a mobile platform (Android 10). The bookmarklet is named test and points to the code
How I test:
- Save the bookmarklet as described above to the bookmarks folder;
- Go to some random website;
- In the address bar, start typing test;
- The browser will recognize the bookmark and offer it in a menu;
- Click it.
- In Brave for Android (Chrome-based) the alert window appears as expected;
- In Firefox for Android absolutely nothing happens.
Is this intentional on Mozilla's part and/or expected or am I missing something?
Modified by grobber
Right, it does not work yet. Please follow https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/2871Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (2)
Right, it does not work yet. Please follow https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/2871
Thank you! I've chosen this as a solution.
It's ironic: last night the big Firefox-for-Android update hit, with a double whammy:
- remove most add-on functionality, thus rendering Tampermonkey unusable;
- also disable bookmarklets.
In any case, thanks for pointing out the github issue; I suppose I can always reinstall once some semblance of usability has been restored.