Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Firefox Focus - iPad — EOL Message from YouTube

  • No replies
  • 1 has this problem
  • 18 views
more options

The message “We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For best experience please update your browser.” appears on my iPad when I go to YouTube on my iPad using Firefox Focus but I do not get this error message using Firefox Focus on my iPhone.

I have an iPhone SE (March 2016 version) running iOS v13.4.1 & an iPad 6th generation running iPadOS v13.4.1 — both running the current version of Firefox Focus (I have tried deleting the Firefox Focus app, powering off the iPad, reinstalling Firefox Focus & verifying the issue is still present.

I remember hearing that iPadOS has something odd in the user agent string. I am not saying this is the issue but I know that around the time the user agent string changed that the app I use “broke” how was checking out audiobooks & ebooks from the local libraries using my iPad.

I installed several other browsers (which I will be removing because Firefox Focus is more secure) & have not seen this error message with any of them on my iPad.

I tried adding a screenshot of the error message to this post but I received the error that the file was too large.

The message “We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For best experience please update your browser.” appears on my iPad when I go to YouTube on my iPad using Firefox Focus but I do not get this error message using Firefox Focus on my iPhone. I have an iPhone SE (March 2016 version) running iOS v13.4.1 & an iPad 6th generation running iPadOS v13.4.1 — both running the current version of Firefox Focus (I have tried deleting the Firefox Focus app, powering off the iPad, reinstalling Firefox Focus & verifying the issue is still present. I remember hearing that iPadOS has something odd in the user agent string. I am not saying this is the issue but I know that around the time the user agent string changed that the app I use “broke” how was checking out audiobooks & ebooks from the local libraries using my iPad. I installed several other browsers (which I will be removing because Firefox Focus is more secure) & have not seen this error message with any of them on my iPad. I tried adding a screenshot of the error message to this post but I received the error that the file was too large.