Need to create GPOs for settings per DoD STIG that are not controlled by registry settings. Are there templates for that somewhere?
We are trying to implement GPOs to enforce DoD STIG requirements on our systems. We have some in place to control registry settings, but I am trying to find guidance for settings that are in the config file but not part of the registry (example: browser.formfill.enable.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.80 Safari/537.36
Hi Stacey, I don't have personal experience implementing GPO for Firefox, but here are some resources:
- General article: Customizing Firefox Using Group Policy (Windows)
- Github listing settings available through GPO: https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates
- Fallback strategy: Customizing Firefox Using AutoConfig
Unfortunately, the Group Policy templates covered there do not address the three settings we are trying to control: browser.formfill.enable signon.rememberSignons security.default_personal_cert
Using the AutoConfig will not work because if the program is removed during an upgrade, not installed over, the config file reverts to the default and the settings are lost.
Stacey Brunson said
Unfortunately, the Group Policy templates covered there do not address the three settings we are trying to control
Hi Stacey, if you search for the preference name in the page, you can discover whether there is a corresponding policy:
- browser.formfill.enable -- see https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates#disableformhistory
- signon.rememberSignons -- see https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates#offertosavelogins
- security.default_personal_cert -- see https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates#preferences
Awesome. Thank you.