Playing video has audio crackling
Since upgrading from Andriod 8 to ver. 9 (security patch level March 1 2019), my Firefox videos now have audio issues and make crackling noise. Issue occurs on any video I play in Firefox and I confirmed it occurs on YouTube, Vimeo, and any other video hosting website. Issue does not occur with Chrome.
I have; Rebooted my phone, cleared cache, deleted Firefox data, and even re-installed Firefox from scratch. Issue still occurring. I have had this phone, with Firefox, for over a year with no issues and last night's Android update has triggered this problem.
Device details: -Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950W) -Andriod version 9 (kernel ver. 4.4.153-15485298) -Software update version: G950WVLU5CSC1/G950WOYA5CSC1/G950WVLU5CSC1 -Firefox version 66.0.2
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
- note: issue happens with headphones or built in speaker (when playing video in FF). Tested VLC player and Netflix app and confirmed audio problem does not occur.
I regret doing the OS update as I use Firefox on a daily basis for playing video. Hopefully a fix or workaround can be found shortly.
- Factory reset my phone, issue still occuring
- Firefox 67 (beta) and 68.x (nightly) both have the same issue.
- Issue only occurs when streaming on WiFi
Modified by newbreed2001
Same exact problem, Only difference is the security patch level is April 1st 2019.