Has the about:config option 'use_system_prefs' been dropped?
Using Firefox 60.2.0 ESR version we are noticing that the about:config option "use_system_prefs" is not working and seems to be ignored. We are running on Firefox on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server version 15 with Gnome desktop.
This option was working with 52 ESR versions of Firefox.
Additional System Details
- The Evince 3.20.2 plugin handles documents inside the browser window.
- This plugin provides integration with GNOME Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
I don't find
in the source code for Firefox 60 ESR.
I also don't find it in the source code for Firefox 52 ESR. ??
Separate Security Issue: Update your Flash Player or remove it.
Flash Player Version: Version 188.8.131.52
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only> +++++++++++++++++++ See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
Interesting. Why is it referenced in the Mozillazine? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Config.use_system_prefs Ok. Thanks.
Interesting. Why is it referenced in the Mozillazine? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Config.use_system_prefs
At the bottom, it says "This page was last modified 18:10, 5 July 2006." So it could be obsolete.