This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox crashes on startup. Tried everything on the support site, but no luck.
Get crash report every time I start Firefox. Downloaded, uninstalled, and reinstalled several times. Tried safe mode. Nothing works so far. Submitted crash report.
All Replies (3)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Crash ID: bp-306cffdd-0ccf-4aab-8240-1811e2151012 Crash ID: bp-5077aee2-d95b-4979-9f39-02ff52151012 Crash ID: bp-c503e08e-8775-49ad-8932-603fc2151008 Crash ID: bp-a75c8e3a-710d-4c8a-8009-9efcc2151008 Crash ID: bp-8612cad3-12a9-40f7-808d-e23862151001
thanks. so unfortunately this crash is caused by websense endpoint security software that is running on the device - websense has released an updated version (8.1.2224) which should address the issue. in case your computer is part of a managed enterprise environment, please get in contact with your it department about this issue. more information is available in bug 1181091.