Since the two recent updates, my pop-up blocker and YouTube autoplay do not work. Why?
So, I noticed that Firefox seems to have updated twice in the past week or so. Before hand, I had the browser set to my liking. I had an add-on that prevented Youtube videos from starting on their own, and I had an efficient pop-up blocker that blocked all pop-ups without fail.
I've fixed the Youtube issue with Magic Actions, but Popups are back and I'm scrambling to find even more add-ons that might remedy these issues, to no avail. Why the updates seem to have had a negative impact on what was working just fine is beyond me...I find it agitating.
That's really all I want...no pop ups with out my consent. I not have Adblock Plus, Adblock Plus Pop-up Addition, Flashblock, Strick Pop-Up Blocker...Sites that I used to visit that forced pop-ups are now allowing the pop-ups through. Any idea?s
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DivX® Web Player
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
If these are popup windows, it may be cause by malware. Check your list of install programs in Windows - Control Panel > Programs and Features. Usually malware comes bundled with other applications, so if you sort by date and see several applications installed at the same day, it may be easier to find suspicious applications that way.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
More information can be found on Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware.
If they are not pop-up windows, but in video advertisements, it might be an update in Youtube that works around Adblock Plus. You can try posting in their forums to see if/when they will have a fix for it.