iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 10.6.8
New version of Firefox downloaded a week ago (Ver 31), Firefox crashes on start-up.
Crash ID: bp-0c802bbc-43f5-4594-b60b-67f7f2140830
Tried starting in safe mode, same result.
Additional System Details
Still crashes in safe mode.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.59.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.9 Safari/534.59.10
Some problems occurs when your Internet security program was set to trust the previous version of Firefox, but no longer recognizes your updated version as trusted. Now how to fix the problem: To allow Firefox to connect to the Internet again;
- Make sure your Internet security software is up-to-date (i.e. you are running the latest version)
- Remove Firefox from your program's list of trusted or recognized programs, then add it back. For detailed instructions, see
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
If you updated then try to (re)install the latest release.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the disk image file to the desktop
- Firefox 31.0: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data when you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
Note that Firefox 32.0 will be released in a few days (next Tuesday)