Mozilla firefox 30.0 (x86 en-US) crashed. "cant lode XPCOM." Fix?
Was ordering ESET Nod32 on their website when checked "Buy" was hit with a tool bar loaded with 12 to 14 software programs that crashed my Del inspirion PC then my HP Pavillion laptop. When I try to open Firefox I get the message "Can't lode XPCOM." Tried to uninstall program at control panel to reinstall but did not work. Fix?
Additional System Details
Don't understand "plugins"?
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/1; MDDC; rv:11.0) like Gecko
A clean reinstall may be necessary to fix this error, but please be sure to not "remove personal data" when you uninstall Firefox.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
(32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\" (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING:Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles. Starting in Firefox 31, the Firefox uninstaller no longer lets you remove user profile data.Ref: Bug 432017 and https://support.mozilla.org/kb/uninstall-firefox-from-your-computer/discuss/5279 [Fx31] Windows uninstaller will no longer offer the option to remove personal data
Please report back to say if this helped you!