This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How can I update my Alcatel One Touch Fire without crashing?
Hello, My Alcatel One Touch Fire showed me today that there´s a firmware update for my phone. I tried several times to install ist but it won't work! It´s getting to the point where it says it has to be restarted to install the update, it then shows me a orange screen with a wheel trying to install. I think thats how its supposed to be and suddenly there is a red exclamation point and the installation won't work.
Is there anything I can do ? Kind regards!
Hello, just wanted to give you an update: The next day it worked, i really don't know why but i had used my phone, the battery was very low, i started the installation it told me to energize, i did and it worked :) Thank you anyways!Read this answer in context 👍 2
All Replies (6)
In order to better understand and investigate on the issue that you are encountering, please reply to this message with the following information:
- What is the OS version found in the Device Information page? Please visit this link if you need help finding the Build ID of your phone.
- Who is your current cell phone carrier?
- Which country did you purchase your phone?
- How often do you encounter this issue?
Please be sure to include as much detail as possible, including any websites that may exhibit this issue, and any error messages that you may be receiving, exactly as they appear. This will ensure that we will have all the information needed to investigate into this. Thank you for your help and we look forward to hearing from you!
Hello, Thank you for your reply!
Ok I´m trying to give you more information: OS version is: Firefox OS 184.108.40.206- prerelease Current cell phone carrier: 3 i did purchase it in Germany I tried several times to install it, so: often
And errors appearing: there is like i already described an orange screen with a mobile phone and a gear wheel that is rotating. after a while it just stops and a red exclamation point appears.
Thanks for this information, it's very helpful. Another question - is your phone still usable, or is it stuck on an update loop?
I am contacting the B2G and Technical Account Managers at Mozilla to find out more information about this update.
Please keep in mind that today is the 4th of July holiday in the United States, followed by the weekend, so some of our contacts may not be available with details until Monday.
In the meantime, can you please try a Soft Reset of your device?
- Take the back cover of the phone off.
- Take the battery out.
- Take the SIM card and microSD card out (if applicable).
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Put the SIM card and microSD card back in (if applicable).
- Put the battery back in.
- Put the back cover back on.
- Turn the device on.
- Check if the issue you were having is still present.
Please report back to us if this solved your problem!
Hello, just wanted to give you an update: The next day it worked, i really don't know why but i had used my phone, the battery was very low, i started the installation it told me to energize, i did and it worked :) Thank you anyways!
Thanks for letting us know that the update worked this time around.
What is the version and Build ID that got installed in your device? To find the Build ID, go into Settings > Device Information > More Information and look under Build Identifier.
Thanks again for sharing these details. Please let us know if you have any other questions or problems.
just to add another similar experience: Upgrade of Alcatel One Touch Fire from 1.1-prerelease to 1.1 (official upgrade provided by vendor). The download worked fine. The upgrade worked after the 3rd attempt - Failure 1: I had left the USB cable connected to provide power and forgotten that the SD seems to be inaccessible for the phone in this state. This lead to the immediate display of phone symbol + red exclamation mark without any additional indication of the problem cause. - Failure 2: The phone just staid at "preparing installation" forever until I interrupted it. - Third attempt worked without a hitch.
So there seems to be a measure of coincidence and retrying it a few times is worthwhile.