Syncing bookmarks on Dell Venue 8
I've synced Firefox onto my Dell Venue 8 but the option for desktop bookmarks is not there under the bookmarks tab on the tablet. All options are checked in sync settings, but it doesn't seem like Firefox is actually syncing anything onto the tablet. Please help.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
HI sherrygrau, Please make sure that the Firefox version is at least 29. Also if you pull down and swipe over are there listed synced items?
Looks like the most updated version. It doesn't show any synced items when I pull down and swipe.
Hi sherrygrau, Apologies for the delay, do you have a firewall or antivirus that may be blocking [accounts.firefox.com\]? Also in your sync settings for the accounts attached in the tablet, if you manually "sync now" does anything show up in that menu?
In sync settings on the tablet, there is no 'sync now' option. I'm signed in with the correct email address and all 4 options to sync are checked, but that's the extent of the menu. No firewall on the tablet that I'm aware of.
Ok to summarize:
- You do not see synced tabs from other devices
- Sync settings are there and there is no sync now option
- No firewall and has the correct email address
- Both the desktop and the tablet are up to version 29 or higher.(may I confirm the desktop is as well)
Can you check the account type, does it say "Firefox Sync (deprecated)"? IF this is the case, please unlink the device and set up a new sync account on the new version of sync. To get to this menu you can tap on the menu button and go to Settings > Sync or from the Adroid menu tap on accounts.