Remove websites from the Awesome Bar suggestions
When you start typing into the address bar (or "Awesome Bar"), Firefox displays a drop-down list of suggested sites. This article describes how to clear single items or all items from the Location bar history.
Table of Contents
Clearing all items for a single site
- Click the Library button , click and then click the Show All History bar at the bottom to open the Library window.Click the menu button , click and then click the Show All History bar at the bottom to open the Library window.
- At the top right corner, type the name of the website you wish to forget in the Search History field, and press EnterReturn.
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click
on the site you wish to forget in the resulting list and select .
- Close the Library window.
Clearing a single item from the address bar history
- To clear a single item in the Location bar history, click the drop-down arrow in the address bar.
- Press the ↓ down arrow key or move the mouse, to highlight the entry to delete.
- To clear the highlighted item, hold down the Shift key and press Delete on your keyboard.
Clearing all items in the address bar history
- Click on the menu button , then click on .
- Click .
- Click to open the dialog window.
- In the Clear Recent History window, set Time range to clear: to Everything.
- Click on the arrow button next to Details to expand a list of items to clear. Make sure Browsing & Download History has a check mark next to it.
- Tip: Be sure to remove the check mark next to any other items that you do not want to be cleared. See Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox for more information.
- To clear all items in the address bar history, press .
I still see items with a star in the Location bar
If you don't want bookmarks to appear in the Location bar, see Changing your location bar settings.