Open links in the background for later viewing with Firefox for Android
The tab queue feature lets you open links in the background without leaving the app you're on. Firefox will load your links for later viewing so you can continue using other apps without interruption.
Enable tab queuing
Tab queuing can be enabled through the Settings menu:
- Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) and then select (you may need to tap first) .
- Check the box next to
Open tabs in the background
Suppose you want to open a link in one of your apps, tab queuing opens the link in the background without interrupting you. Here's how it works:
- On another app (example: Hangouts or Email), tap the link until a menu appears.
- Tap .
- Firefox will open the link in the background. A notification will appear at the bottom of the screen and in your notification panel. (Tap Open Now at the bottom of the screen to view the page immediately, or continue using your app to queue up more tabs.)
- When you're ready to view your pages, tap the notification in your notification panel.
- Firefox will open with all of your links pre-loaded.