Make Firefox the default browser on Android
Want to open your links in Firefox by default? We'll show you how.
Table of Contents
Android 6 (Marshmallow) and higher
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the gear icon (usually to the top right of your screen).
- Tap .
- Tap to open a list of choices.
- Tap Firefox on the list.
You're all set!
Older versions of Android
Step 1: Clear the current browser that opens links
- Open the Settings application and tap on . (On some versions of Android this button is labelled "Applications" and you may have to tap on before the next step.)
- Tap on the
- Tap on the current browser that opens links. This is usually the default browser which is called "Browser" or "Internet".
- Tap on
Step 2: Set Firefox to be the default browser for opening links
- Open a link in an Android application like the Mail application.
- Tap on