Make Firefox the default browser on Android
Want to open your links in Firefox by default? We'll show you how.
Table of Contents
Android 8 (Oreo)
- Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser), then (you may need to tap first).
- Tap .
- Tap and select Firefox from the available browsers.
To set Firefox as your default mobile web browser, first locate the Settings application on your phone either by navigating the apps screen or by using your phone's built-in search function. Once you have accessed your Settings, complete the following steps:
- Tap on .
- Tap on the Firefox app tile.
- Under the subsection App Settings, tap on and select Firefox from the available browsers.
You're all set!
Older versions of Android
Step 1: Clear the current browser that opens links
- Open the Settings application and tap on . (On some versions of Android this button is labelled "Applications" and you may have to tap on before the next step.)
- Tap on the
- Tap on the current browser that opens links. This is usually the default browser which is called "Browser" or "Internet".
- Tap on
Step 2: Set Firefox to be the default browser for opening links
- Open a link in an Android application like the Mail application.
- Tap on