This page explains how to do different actions with the Spoke toolbar so you can learn how create your own custom scene.
Table of Contents
1. Dropdown Menu
The top left button is the menu. Here you can find options such as:
- Save your project, publish to Hubs and import/export a project.
- Find the tutorial, keyboard and mouse controls and resources to contact others for help or feedback.
- Choose to enable or disable experimental features. Note that these features are still in testing stages, and may not continue to be supported. With experimental features enabled you can preview model animations, videos, and audio in Spoke. Use the play button in the toolbar to play/pause the preview.
- To let us know about your experience in Spoke.
2. Transformation Tools
Translate [T]: This reveals the translation gizmo, which allows you to move objects. Drag the colored arrows to move object along the X, Y, or Z axis. You can also move objects using the grab tool. While objects are selected press G to grab the selection. Move your mouse and click to the object in the scene, press esc or G to cancel the current grab operation.
Rotate [R]: This reveals the rotation gizmo, which allows you to rotate objects. Drag the colored rings to rotate the object along the X,Y or Z axis.
Scale [Y]: Reveals the scale gizmo, drag the center cube of the gizmo to scale the object up or down.
3. Grid Tools
Toggle Transform Space [Z]: This allows you to change the way objects are oriented in the world space. Often it can be difficult to see a difference until you rotate the object.
Transform Pivot [X]: It can be difficult to place an object if a model's pivot point is set incorrectly. Here you can change how the pivot is calculated.
Toggle Snap mode [C]: This allows you to move an object with a precise position of rotation. Toggle the snapping mode by clicking the magnet icon. You can set the translation and rotation snap setting by using the transformation tools (see above).
Snap Mode Controls: This determines how precisely your transformation tools are applied.
Toggle Grid Visibility: Use this to hide or reveal the 3D grid. In placement mode, objects can be placed on top of other objects or the grid.
When building vertically it can be useful to change the grid height:
- Press = to increase grid height
- Press - to decrease grid height
4. Publish to Hubs button
Click this button to open the publish dialog where you can edit the scene information before publishing it to Hubs.