This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Mozilla Persona (previously known as BrowserID) is a new way for users to log in to websites using their email address. Implementations of Mozilla Persona generally rely on cookies, but in versions of the iPhone running iOS 5, cookies are disabled by default.
This article describes how to enable cookies on the iPhone, allowing iPhone users to log in to websites with Mozilla Persona.
- From the Home screen, select the Settings icon:
- In Settings, select Safari:
- Under Safari's settings, select "Accept Cookies":
- In the cookie settings select "From visited":
You'll need to restart Safari for the new settings to take effect. To restart Safari:
- Press the Home button again, and select the Safari icon to open Safari:
- Once Safari has opened, press the Home button again, this time holding it for a few seconds, until the Home screen reappears.
- Select the Safari icon again to reopen Safari.