How to Customize the New Mail Sound
- Revision id: 62689
- Creator: Vincent
- Comment: clarification and use of template
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: MattAuSupport
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: MattAuSupport
When you receive a new email message, Thunderbird plays a sound to alert you. By default, it uses your operating system’s new mail notification, but you can change it to anything you like.
To change the new mail sound:
1. At the top of the Thunderbird window, click the Alt + T) and select menu (In the menu bar, click the menu and select At the top of the Thunderbird window, click the , or click the Application menu button and choose menu and select .
2. Click thetab.
3. Select Use the following sound file.
4. Click, then browse to the folder on your computer that contains the .WAV audio file you want to use.
5. Double-click the file, then test it by clicking.