How to Customize the New Mail Sound
- Revision id: 57292
- Creator: Dyvik Chenna
- Comment: Share this article added
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: MattAuSupport
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
When you receive a new email message, Thunderbird plays a sound to alert you. By default, it uses your operating system’s new mail notification, but you can change it to anything you like.
To change the new mail sound:
1. In the, click , then click .
2. Click thetab.
3. Select "Use the following sound file".
4. Click, then browse to the folder on your computer that contains the .WAV audio file you want to use.
5. Double-click the file, then test it by clicking.
6. Click OK.