Take private browsing to the next level. Firefox Focus gives you a dedicated privacy browser with tracking protection and content blocking. You can use Firefox Focus as a standalone browser or a content blocker for Safari on supported iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 Install Firefox Focus
- 2 Use Firefox Focus as a browser
- 3 Use Firefox Focus with Safari
- 4 Customize your Firefox Focus protection settings
- 5 How does Firefox Focus work?
Install Firefox Focus
Firefox Focus is available in the App Store for free. When it’s finished downloading, look for the icon on your home screen.
Use Firefox Focus as a browser
Use Firefox Focus as a browser dedicated to your privacy and security. Easily erase your browsing history, passwords, bookmarks and cookies and prevent unwanted ads from following you.
- Whenever you want a private tracker-free experience, fire up Firefox Focus. Firefox Focus is easy to use. Just enter your search or website address in the field:
- Erase all information about your session at any time by tapping the trash icon in the toolbar.
- There are a number of additional options available via the
- To share a page, tap Share Page With...
- To view a page in regular Firefox, tap Open in Firefox.
- To view a page in Safari, tap Open in Safari.
Use Firefox Focus with Safari
Enjoy protection against ad, social, content or analytics trackers without switching from Safari. Follow these steps to enable Firefox Focus for Safari:
Step one: Set Firefox Focus as the default browser in Safari (you only need to do this once):
- Tap the Settings app in your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down to
- Tap Default Browser App and select Firefox Focus.
- Close the Settings app.
Step two: Enable Firefox Focus for Safari
- Open Firefox Focus.
Tap thebutton in the toolbar:
- Scroll down and tap the switch next to Safari to enable it .
- Close Firefox Focus. You’re now ready to browse on Safari!
Customize your Firefox Focus protection settings
Customize the level of content blocking and tracking protection that you need.
- Open Firefox Focus.
- Tap the shield icon in the address bar. This will bring up the Enhanced Tracking Protection Panel.
- Tap the toggle next to .
- Tap the toggle next to each feature to turn it on or off.
- Tap Done or close Firefox Focus. Firefox Focus will save your changes automatically.
How does Firefox Focus work?
Firefox Focus brings added privacy by allowing you to block known website trackers by category:
- Ads, analytics and social trackers
- Other content trackers – this category includes embedded videos, photo slideshows, and news article embeds that could track you. Blocking other content trackers may cause many sites to stop functioning properly.
Firefox Focus works by blocking some parts of web pages from loading. With less to download, web pages often load faster with Firefox Focus. Your mobile data usage may also be lower.
- Web fonts - fonts that are downloaded from the server (may slow down web pages). Web fonts are typefaces used to style the text on some web pages. Blocking Web fonts will alter the appearance of text on any pages where Web fonts are used, but all text will still display legibly.