Contributor News & Resources
- Revision id: 10769
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: New video
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
The big things this week
- SUMO 2.6 going out tomorrow. It includes the mobile layouts.
- Help needed getting desktop articles updated for Firefox 4.
- SUMO Bug milestones - If you are active in Bugzilla and want to be able to nominate bugs for specific SUMO milestones please contact Kadir.
Currently we are looking for:
- Contributors to proof read the English KB and Reviewers for Linux.
- a Finnish and a Swedish localizer.
New features we are working on
Here we are gathering information about the way we work and general information that will be useful for all contributors. If you have something to add, let us know.
If there is anything wrong on SUMO, please let us know, so we can fix it. As usual at Mozilla, we use Bugzilla to track bugs. Check SUMO bugs to see if your issue is not yet in Bugzilla and just provide a summary and a brief description of the problem.
Besides our production servers at support.mozilla.com, we have two different servers available for testing:
- On support.allizom.org you can try out the latest development version of our software. Please check here, before you file a bug. It might be that we fixed an issue already, but it's not on the production servers yet.
- On support-release.allizom.org we have an exact copy of the software that runs on the production servers. If you want to make a change and are unsure how it works, you can test it on this server first. During the short period after a code freeze, but before we ship, the new version of the software is tested on this server.
As a public good organization, our work results are made public, and you can watch as we improve our services.
- Our quarterly goals tell you, what we are planning on working on for the next 3 month.
- You can see the most important upcoming events on our calendar
- Take a look at our development schedule, to see when the next releases are coming up.
- You can even track our fixed bugs for the next release.
If you want to get updates about changes to a page, click on the link that says Get emailed when this article changes in the sidebar on the right.
Weekly Meetings: We have two weekly meetings for SUMO. One phone meeting where the team discusses the latest development and one IRC meeting, where Kadir meets with the community to talk about latest news and opened questions.
Phone meeting: Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30-45 minutes) at: 9:00 AM PST. Phone call details: Skype (free): +18007072533 then password: 369. Then, enter the conference number: 309#
IRC meeting: Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30-45 minutes) at: 10:00 AM PST, irc.mozilla.org: #sumo
We want to hear from you! Got ideas for improving Firefox Help, questions about helping, or just want to know more about us? Here's how to get in touch:
- Contributors Forum: This is the main place where we talk about everything related to Firefox Help.
- #sumo IRC channel: The best place to chat with other contributors. You can also find the Firefox Help staff there: David Tenser (djst) - Project lead, Cheng Wang (Cww) - Forum guru, Kadir Topal (Topal) - Community manager, Michael Verdi (michaelverdi) - Knowledge Base content manager, and Matthew Middleton (zzxc) Live Chat master. If you don't have an irc client, connect via Mibbit.
- Firefox Support (SUMO) blog: the latest project updates and developments are discussed here.