Configure mobile privacy and security settings
- Revision id: 24284
- Creator: mluna
- Comment: add links
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: mluna
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Firefox for Android provides tools and features to help you stay safe online. Mozilla cares about your privacy and always uses permissions in a manner consistent with our values, see How does Firefox for Android use the permissions it requests?
- Look for the padlock icon in Firefox for Android before entering any personal information (passwords, credit cards, addresses, etc.) into a web site, see How does Firefox for Android Provide Secure Mobile Browsing?.
- Keep your browser up-to-date. You can enable automatic updates when you install Firefox for Android to make this part easy, see Install Firefox on an Android device using Google Play.
- Use a Master Password to secure Firefox for mobile in the event that you lose your device or if you share your device. Using a Master Password let's you have the convenience of a browser that remembers your passwords, but the safety of a master password to lock your username and passwords for all of your favorite sites, see Using Master Password on Firefox for Android.
- Tell sites not to track you for advertising purposes by using Do Not Track, see How do I use Do-not-track on Firefox for Android?.
- Set up syncing to your desktop so you don't need to type your password when on the go and you can still use a strong password, see Use Sync to share your Firefox bookmarks, passwords and more with Firefox for mobile.
- Keep ads blocked by preserving Firefox's default 'Click to Play' plugin setting, see How do I watch Flash videos with Firefox for Android? and Plugin Safety.