Clear cookies and site data in Firefox
- Revision id: 174293
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: Intro: added "site data"; link to "How to clear the Firefox cache"; purged pre-fx60 content
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: AliceWyman
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to delete cookies and site data in Firefox.
- To clear the Firefox cache, see How to clear the Firefox cache.
- To clear your browsing history, cookies and temporarily cached files at once, see Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
- To prevent websites from storing cookies on your computer, see Block websites from storing cookies and site data in Firefox.
Delete cookies for a single site
To delete cookies for one website:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the
- Click the button. The Manage Cookies and Site Data dialog will appear.
- In the Search websites field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. Items that match your search will be displayed.
- To remove all cookies and storage data for the website, click .
- To remove selected items, select an entry and click .
- Click .
- In the Removing Cookies and Site Data confirmation dialog that opens, click .
- Close the about:preferences page.
To learn more about managing site data in Firefox, see Manage local site storage settings.
Delete all cookies
To delete all cookies stored on your computer, either go to your Cookies and Site Data settings as explained above, clickand then click to remove all cookies and site data or else do the following:
- Click the menu button and click (or click the Library button in the toolbar).
- Click and then click .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.