Clear cookies and site data in Firefox
- Revision id: 143656
- Creator: Ömer Timur
- Comment: tip is hidden for win10 because not working for win10
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: AliceWyman
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: AliceWyman
Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to delete cookies in Firefox.
- To clear your browsing history, cookies, and temporarily cached files at once, see Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
- To prevent websites from storing cookies on your computer, see Block websites from storing cookies and site data in Firefox.
Delete cookies for a single site
To delete cookies for one site:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
Select thepanel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will, choose
- In the Search: field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Select the cookie(s) in the list to remove and click
Tip: Select the first cookie and press Shift + End to select all the cookies in the list.
- Click to closeClose the Cookies window. Close the about:preferences page.
Delete all cookies
To delete all cookies stored on your computer, either open the Cookies window as explained above and use thebutton, or else do the following:
- Click the menu button , choose , and then .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.