Changes to toolbars and window sizes are not saved
- Revision id: 682
- Creator: Chris_Ilias
- Comment: move line breaks outside of showfor (now that we have a screenshot for every OS) and add missing DIV tag.
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization by: AnonymousUser
In some instances, changes made to your preferences or configuration may not be remembered by Firefox. This article addresses how to fix the source issue that may result in one or more of the following browser behaviors:
- Changes that you made to your toolbars do not appear when you restart Firefox.
- Changes made to the browser window's size and position are not remembered when you restart Firefox.
- You cannot save bookmarks.
The above symptoms are caused by a corrupted file, in your Firefox user data, called localstore.rdf. This file is maintained by Firefox to manage some of your local configuration information.
Fixing the problem
Click the menu button , click help and select. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.
You may need to specify the Firefox installation path (e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
- In the Firefox Safe Mode window, select Reset toolbars and controls.
Based on information from Corrupt localstore.rdf (mozillaZine KB)