Add-ons that cause stability or security issues are put on a blocklist
- Revision id: 601
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: Windows Presentation Foundation plugin is no longer blocklisted
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization by: AnonymousUser
Add-ons (extensions, themes, and plugins) that are known to cause stability or security issues with Firefox are put on a "blocklist."
Table of Contents
What does the blocklist do?
Disables unsafe add-ons
Firefox will block the add-on from loading and present you with the message:
To prevent these add-ons from running, click .
Blocks unsafe add-ons from being installed
When you try to install an add-on that is on the blocklist, Firefox will block the installation and display the message:
Steps to take
If the installed add-on is disabled
Check to see whether there is an updated version of that add-on:
- (Extensions): Click on the menu, select , select the panel, and then click . If Firefox finds an update, you will be prompted to install it and restart Firefox.
- (Themes): Click on the menu, select , select the panel, and then click . If Firefox finds an update, you will be prompted to install it and restart Firefox.
If there are no updates available, you may need to contact the developer of the add-on that was disabled.
If you were blocked from installing an add-on, check to see if there is an updated version of the add-on you were trying to install.
If there is not an updated version to install, you may need to contact the developer of the add-on that was blocked.