Add-ons that cause stability or security issues are put on a blocklist
- Revision id: 49892
- Creator: Tonnes
- Comment: nit (hardly visible): space
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Table of Contents
- 1 What does the blocklist do?
- 2 Steps to take
- 3 What unsafe add-ons are on the blocklist?
What does the blocklist do?
Disables unsafe add-ons
Firefox will block the unsafe add-on from loading and present you with the following message:
To prevent these add-ons from running, click .
Blocks unsafe add-ons from being installed
When you try to install an unsafe add-on that is on the blocklist, Firefox will block the installation and display the message:
Prevents plugins from running automatically
Firefox can prevent a plugin from running automatically (which prevents many issues). When Firefox blocks a plugin you'll see a message similar to this:
You can then choose to run the plugin or update it (if an update is available). To learn more, see Why do I have to click to activate plugins?
Steps to take
If the installed add-on is disabled
Extension or theme
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button, and then click On the menu bar, click on the menu, and then click At the top of the Firefox window, click on the . The Add-ons Manager tab will open. menu, and then click
- On the "Tools for all add-ons" menu, make sure that the menu item is checked.
To check if any of your installed plugins are out of date, visit Mozilla's Plugin Check & Updates page.
If you were blocked from installing an add-on, check to see if there is an updated version of the add-on you were trying to install.
What unsafe add-ons are on the blocklist?
See the list of blocked add-ons.