Add-ons that cause stability or security issues are put on a blocklist
- Revision id: 33294
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: fixed links, drop support for fx35
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
Add-ons (extensions, themes, and plugins) that are known to cause stability or security issues with Firefox are put on a "blocklist".
Table of Contents
What does the blocklist do?
Disables unsafe add-ons
Firefox will block the unsafe add-on from loading and present you with the following message:
To prevent these add-ons from running, click .
Blocks unsafe add-ons from being installed
When you try to install an unsafe add-on that is on the blocklist, Firefox will block the installation and display the message:
Steps to take
If the installed add-on is disabled
Extension or theme
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button ( menu in Windows XP), and then click On the menu bar, click on the menu, and then click At the top of the Firefox window, click on the . The Add-ons Manager tab will open. menu, and then click
- On the "Tools for all add-ons" menu, make sure that the menu is checked.
To check if any of your installed plugins are out of date, visit Mozilla's Plugin Check & Updates page.
If you were blocked from installing an add-on, check to see if there is an updated version of the add-on you were trying to install.
What unsafe add-ons are on the blocklist?
See the list of blocked add-ons.